General School Information
St. Paul’s Lutheran School, established in 1837, is incorporated in the state of Indiana and operates under the blessing of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, the Indiana District LCMS. It is the oldest continuously operating elementary school in the state of Indiana. It is owned, operated and supported by St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. The controlling body is the Voters Assembly of the church. Decisions about the school and its needs are made by this body and are based on the input and recommendations of the school board and the principal.
The school principal is responsible for the daily operation of St. Paul’s Lutheran School and works with the congregation’s elected Board of Elementary Education to administer policies of the school. The school is accredited by the National Lutheran School Association (NLSA) through The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS) and the Indiana District. We are a member of The Lutheran Schools Partnership in Fort Wayne, the Lutheran Schools Athletic Association in Fort Wayne, and the School Services Organization (SSO), providing network services to all member Lutheran Schools.
St. Paul’s Lutheran School strives to educate each child in a Christ-centered environment for a life of service to God and man. We have continued this mission for 175 years and look forward to continuing to serve Christ for years to come! To that end, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School seeks to make education affordable by providing financial aid, accepting Indiana Choice Scholarships (also referred to as school vouchers), gifts from Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs) and other financial assistance.
Where Barr and Madison Street meet in the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana, there is a spot of ground which can truly be called historic, both as far as Fort Wayne, as well as the Lutheran Church in America, are concerned. It is the property of St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, the second oldest Lutheran Church in Indiana and one of the oldest in the western part of our country. It has belonged to this congregation since 1839, at which time the first, single frame church was erected by the little flock of Lutherans which had been organized as a congregation two years previous.
St. Paul’s Lutheran School, a non-profit, 501(c)(3), independently owned and operated by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, admits students of any race, color, creed, religion, gender, national and ethnic origin, and does not discriminate in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid, or other school-administered programs.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.